Author Topic: Ready for Christmas/Holidays?  (Read 9008 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Ready for Christmas/Holidays?
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:58:59 am »
We have Christmas on the 15th due to some relatives' schedules, one relative's birthday is Christmas etc.

We do potluck.

We usually pick a name out of a hat the previous Christmas to give that person a surprise gift.

This year, we're donating money to The Toronto Wildlife Centre in memory of my brother who just passed away.  He was a "birder."

If he saw a bird, he could often tell if it's gender, and if it was a juvenile or an adult!  ;)

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for Christmas/Holidays?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:33:40 pm »
Hello Peter. Have a Merry Christmas. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 02:35:43 am »
Hi, guys.....Our "Christmas" on Saturday was o.k.....but a little flat with deceased brother not there.  It was o.k. all in all.

We had a second Christmas party with turkey today, but I wasn't in the mood because of Saturday.
We had a Christmas party with turkey last week, with an Elvis impersonator after dinner.  I snuck off to buy some stuff at Home Depot.

Turns out the Elvis impersonator is the son of last year's Elvis impersonator!!

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 06:19:45 am »
Peter, that's awesome!  :) My daughter just completed an 8 month internship with the Toronto Wildlife Centre and her prime duty was bird rehabilitation and release. Great cause.

I'm ready. Gifts bought and wrapped. I'm hosting this year, first year on my own. I started about 6 weeks ago scanning the flyers and walking to stores to pick up what's needed for the meal.

Punch, spirits, egg nog, brownies, cookies, chocolates, chips as snacks. Turkey, 2 kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnip and carrots mix, gravy, cranberry sauce and strawberry zinfandel for the meal. Cheesecake and apple pie for dessert.

Last Thursday I decided to walk to Walmart to buy the last of the items needed. I got lost! I left my home at 6:20 am and didn't arrive back in my apartment until 9:15 am with soaking wet feet. I'm happy I've now got everything I need. Just have to clean on the 23rd, bake on the 24th, and cook the meal on the 25th. Looking forward to the day. I LOVE Christmas.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 04:05:52 am »
What a coincidence!  Both late brother and wife were avid birders.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow or Christmas....if nothing much, that's o.k.

Peter