Support for People with Mood Disorders > General Discussion

Plastic surgery, plantar fasciitis

(1/3) > >>

Pleeb:
I'm getting plastic surgery on my shoulder soon....covered by OHIP.  (I had skin cancer on my forehead (2 tiny spots), and on my shoulder burned off 20-25 years ago.

The forehead stuff you can hardly see, but the shoulder area, there's a permanent "wound" the size of a loonie or bigger.  It's squishy and darker than the rest of me.  Doesn't hurt.

I saw a cranky (!) dermatologist at St. Mike's about something else...turned out to be nothing.  Then I asked him to look me over....when I showed him my shoulder, he referred me to a fancy plastic surgeon on Avenue road.  Because he was so cranky, I didn't ask a lot of questions.  Probably I get a skin graft?  Local anaesthetic?

Peter

Pleeb:
Although I wear $500 orthotics in my shoes (my former work plan pays for it), I started getting a really sore instep when walking.
I looked it up, and it's plantar fasciitis.

It's 95% better, thanks to stretching exercises.....and not wearing slippers at home.  Maybe surprising?
Cheap slippers offer no support.  Maybe more expensive ones do.

Anyway, I (until recently) never wore shoes indoors in my apt.

A nice thing about support groups is sharing the same ailments:
-a woman on Mood Garden (I recommend it!) is getting cancer removed from her nose...she sometimes posts "before" and "after" pictures.
-she also had plantar fasciitis, like me

Peter

Pleeb:
My surgery is Monday.....out patient, I assume.  Covered by OHIP.

The plastic surgeon has luxurious facilities with two hospital beds for more serious stuff,  I guess.

I'm a bit worried, not much.

Peter

paulm:
Good Luck with your surgery Peter. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb:
Hi, Paul....Thanks....

It turned out the plastic surgeon did a biopsy....hurt very little, 4 stitches.

She was puzzled that the dermatologist from 25 years ago used a laser on my shoulder skin cancer.....

I'll get the results in a couple of weeks.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version