Author Topic: What do people think about the current promises by polictical parties?  (Read 7856 times)

momfellinglost

• View Profile
 Wondering how people feel about the promises by those running for office on the funding for mental health? Are there questions that you think we should ask when or if we have contact with them?
 I personally don't think they will put the funding where it is really needed. I believe that many people think "fixing" those with mental illnesses is easy quick and it just requires people to go to their doctors and get the "pill" for their mental illness. I find many don't understand that just because people may look Ok on the outside that working or not being able to work is a cop out. I also find so many who think depression is also one of those things that you just need to pull up your boot straps and do it. Wait times are clearly an issue and not just for young people. There isn't a time line for helping somone who needs treatment but they clearly think their is. I want to put some hard question to those running for office and a promise that they won't leave people and their families to fend for themselves in getting help. Thoughts

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello Momfeelinglost. I haven't seen too many promises that even give mental health much money right away. Most of it is promised much later , some as late at 2028. Mental health seems to be a side note this election, at least that is my opinion. Take Care. paul m