Author Topic: Toronto Contingent  (Read 9938 times)

GrizzlyMantooth

• just trying to find a balance
    • View Profile
Toronto Contingent
« on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:44 am »
Hey all,

just wondering if there are any fellow Torontonians active on the boards??

Cheers
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

momfellinglost

• View Profile
Re: Toronto Contingent
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:31:51 pm »
I am not sure who is in Toronto but there are quite a few in the surrounding area. I am not any where near there but I hope you will post here often sometimes the board is very active and others kind of quite but people drop in and post often. Welcome

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:40:36 pm »
thanks  :)

and yes I plan on being active. Since I moved across the country for graduate school several years ago, I don't have the amount of friends and support to talk to than if I had stayed out west where I grew up. I'm finding the time with the shrink is always too short and I always have something I want to say. I'm the majority of us are in the same boat...
"Living with depression is like trying to keep your balance while you dance with a goat" - Andrew Solomon

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »
oh also I was wondering if anyone has gone to the MDAO drop in support sessions at the yonge/eglinton location and found that helpful.

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:00:47 am »
Hi Grizzly! Rich and I are in Toronto! We are quite busy with our lives with 2 teens in post secondary school and a my mother in law has dimentia so we don't have much time to socialize but we do try to have get togethers off the board periodically when we can get everyone together ... lately its been few and far between... I know Paul M highly recommends the Support Group Gatherings! I myself have not gone as I don't get downtown that often but I can say that those who have gone have found them very helpful. I hope that this helps...

It's great to meet you!
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:20:33 am »
good to meet you too! I understand the being busy part. I think I might drop by one of those meeting soon with a friend, we've been talking about it for awhile now, see how it goes.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:17:41 pm »
Hi Grizzly and welcome.

I am afraid that I am not from the Toronto area. The people on the forum are very friendly, caring, supportive and non-judgmental. I have learned a great deal from them and they have helped me. We would like to hear from you. We can learn from you too.

Dragonfly

GrizzlyMantooth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 11:27:30 pm »
thanks! and I hope we can all learn from each other. the one good addiction I have is learning :)