Author Topic: I'm 69 in a few weeks!  (Read 8877 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
I'm 69 in a few weeks!
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »
I'm 69 in a few weeks!  Not a huge deal, but 69 sounds older than 67, 68  - closer to 70?

I have two 70 year old friends who look much younger.

I feel much younger, he said adjusting the propeller on he beanie hat.
(I have one, of course  :o)

Peter

Daniel F

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I'm 69 in a few weeks!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:00:21 pm »
Congrats, Peter! May you make it to 96!

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:14:32 pm »
Hello Peter. I thought you were 69 last yr LOL. Just kidding of course.  In regards to looking old, I don't think that you look a day older than I am. Of course that doesn't say much as people have always guessed that I'm much older than I look. That came in handy when I was 16 , looked 20 and wanted to get into bars, not so much know.

Ever since I've been 55 restaurants have been asking if I'm entitled to the seniors discount, now that I'm close to 62 they assume that I'm entitled to the seniors discount LOL.

However, you and I have a couple of things in common. A) we are a pair of handsome dudes for our age and B) we never seemed to fully grow up. While I don't have a propeller on my beanie hat(or even a beanie hat) , I do still read Archie comics once in a while and I also like to play with a Yo-Yo from time to time. 

If I'm not speaking to you before , have a good birthday.  Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »
Don't worry Peter. As long as you think young. I am sure that you don't look that old.

I just turned 65 in December. Sometimes I look at other people and movie stars and I think they look old. Then I find out that they are younger then me.

Peter you still have your humor and that is great.

Paul you joke around just like Peter. That is a sign of keeping young.

I do crazy things with my grandchildren. They can't believe that Oma (Grandmother) is acting that way. As long as we keep having fun and laughing.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:39:40 am »
Hello Dragonfly and Peter. Every one thinks it's great and that I'm being a good Grandpa when I get down on the floor to play with our 20 mth old grandchild.

If I told the truth, I get down on the floor because I can't bend over that far any more for any length of time. LOL

Dragonfly I can see your grandkids have a great time with you. Peter, I know that you have no children, or at least none that you have told me about, but you bring out the inner child in many of us.  Take Care. Paul M