Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: sponser you
« Last post by Dragonfly on October 20, 2017, 11:39:04 AM »
Okay Paul. Sounds good.
Dragonfly
General Discussion / Re: sponser you
« Last post by paulm on October 20, 2017, 04:38:18 AM »
Hello Dragonfly. Thx for wanting to sponsor me and for letting me know of the problem. I will investigate and get back to you shortly. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / sponser you
« Last post by Dragonfly on October 18, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »
Hi Paul,
I would like to sponser you for the fundraiser. I receive the email. When I click on sponser me it comes up page cannot be displayed. I don't know what is going wrong.
Dragonfly
General Discussion / Re: I've Found OCD Treatment
« Last post by paulm on October 13, 2017, 01:40:04 AM »
Hello Peace. Good for you in finding a treatment. I know that you have looking for a long time.  Often the toughest and hardest thing about getting well is finding treatment in the first place. The second toughest is trying to follow through with it through all of our moods. Good Luck with it. Take Care. paul m
« Last post by Peace on October 12, 2017, 05:39:53 AM »
Will do, Buddy.

2 hours of assisted ERP in the morning, 2 hours of self-directed ERP in the afternoon, 2 hours of CBT and group discussion about our progress the remainder of the day.  :)

First day a success in that I was able to have lunch and dinner in the public cafeteria without the aid of lorazepam or any other coping method (sunglasses, iPod to drown out sounds),  and after dinner and a bit of alone time in my room I went to a public area to read some of the literature and do some homework. :)
« Last post by Stenacron man on October 10, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »
great to know Peace keep me up to date

Buddy Mack.
General Discussion / I've Found OCD Treatment
« Last post by Peace on October 10, 2017, 04:47:51 AM »
Hello everyone  :)

You've all heard me talk about the lack of treatment for OCD. Well, I found treatment I can access!!   :D :D

This is where perseverance pays off. I may become dejected at times and think "why bother?", but a day or two later I'm back in the ring fighting. I emailed somewhere that had treatment, but online said I didn't qualify for due to boundaries, fully expecting the usual "we have nothing for you, try this place." Instead I got a reply about a residential OCD treatment program with a link to a partially completed website. I'm assuming the program is new since no once else I had spoken with were aware of it, and since the website wasn't complete. A short time later I received another email saying the website is complete.

I rushed the paperwork through, with the help of my psychiatrist, and within a month of my email being replied to I'm being accepted to treatment. The duration is 4 to 16 weeks, dependent on certain factors determined during treatment. Since it all happened so quickly I don't know if I'll be home weekends, and I don't know if I'll have online access.

I'll share the details of the treatment program upon my return, knowing how hard treatment is to find. This program is available to all Ontario residents.

Thanks so much for listening to me, offering me excellent advice, and just in general being here for me for many years. You're all wonderful!

Peace

General Discussion / Re: It is hard to see that your son has a mental illness
« Last post by momfellinglost on October 02, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
   I too hope he reaches out for help. Sometimes age changes views and I know my son as he ages sees things much differently. He is much more open to reaching out. Seeing how it is good to get a view of someone who has as they say no dog in the fight. When he was younger he thought he could fix problems himself. Having a partner who is supportive is important. I wish him well and try not to worry too much about the things you can't control. As I age I have adopted this view. I can tell him what I think but as an adult I can't make him accept my view as it should be. I sometimes have to resist saying I told you so as well. I in my heart know this isnt' helpful to him.
General Discussion / Memory and Brain Health Test.......
« Last post by Pleeb on September 19, 2017, 03:16:46 AM »
Went to a community centre for a "brain health" and memory test for seniors.....administered by Baycrest.  A half hour or so test on a laptop.  BTW, some questions on mood today, and lately.

My test result - percentile - 1 out of a 100....I was shocked.

I can do the test again at home.  Below a certain score...they said to "see your doctor."

Mitigating factors (small)-
-hard to get used to laptop keyboard (I'm a fast typist)....hard to get used to "foreign" keyboards, like the desktop downstairs in my bldg
-can't remember the second reason!....boo hoo.

I know I didn't do well on matching faces and names part of the test......the only part of the test whereby they DIDN'T say if you did well or not

Not the end of the world, but I'm shocked....they handed out literature, but I don't want to read it yet.

I know I have trouble with names.....forgot "Baycrest" a few times....but I don't say the same thing over and over like proverbial elderly people do.
I'm 70.

Not the end of the world.

Peter

No one has ever commented on my memory.
General Discussion / Re: It is hard to see that your son has a mental illness
« Last post by Dragonfly on September 17, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Thanks momfellinglost,
I am so glad that your son is doing so well and accepts his illness.

I think my son realizes that he may have a mental illness. He has said as much. I have talked to him about it. My son says he will get help if the need arises. I am very close to my son so I think I would be able to see the signs if he had this illness.

My son's ex did not and did not try to understand my son's ups and downs and didn't really care about him. The girlfriend that he has now really cares about him. When he shuts down his feelings she will not let it go and makes him talk about them. I hope the relationship works out. She seems to be good for him.

Dragonfly
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10