Author Topic: Brain transplant or adjustment?  (Read 9335 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Brain transplant or adjustment?
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:58:38 pm »
Went to nurse pracititioner's today, but my appointment is next week. >:(

On Wednesday went to comedy class thinking it was Thursday!

Not worried that much about it.  I'm 67.

BTW, I lose things, but in my tiny apt - pens and small notebooks.....I don't generally lose things on the bus or whatever.

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Brain transplant or adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 12:13:15 am »
Hello Peter. I've went to the same group, which is held on the second and forth Tuesday of every mth, for over 20 yrs now. A while back I showed up on the wrong Tuesday night. So it happens to most of us. Take Care. paul m

NeitherHereNorThere

• ...don't let me get me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 06:53:49 am »
Hello Gentlemen,

This is the thing that I find both frustrating and humorous.  I have wondered what exactly it is that blocks my memory to point that I get so mixed up about routine things.  It's getting worse as I age.  Unfortunately, even when it isn't happening; I worry that it will.

It was nice to hear that you aren't beating yourself up over this.  It's a good lesson for me; to just chill.
If you can't handle it when I'm at my worst, then you don't deserve me when I'm at my best.

JennyRN70

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:14 am »
For me it's appointments - I forget them - mix-up the days etc...even when they are written down :S - and I'm 44 - so no worries - we all need a transplant!

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 08:42:30 am »
I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. My mind NEVER shuts down, resulting in me not being able to think clearly a lot of the time. If I'm talking to someone and they say something I completely forget what I was saying. I lose things constantly. I used to think I might have early onset Altzheimers (my Dad got it around 57 years of age). Now I just try to tell myself it's OCD related. It can be very frustrating at times, though.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 12:02:44 pm »
I think of something I need to do. In the next few seconds that thought is gone.
I make lists of things I need to do and then lose my lists.
I am very mixed up with the days of the week and dates of appointments. I usually write all my dates on my calendar.
I thought this forgetfulness was only me. My older siblings and friends all say they have the same memory lose.
Peter it is probably nothing to worry about. I am turning 64 in December.
I seem to retain long term memories better than short term ones.

Dragonfly