Author Topic: How is everyone doing?  (Read 9146 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
How is everyone doing?
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:46:30 am »
Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing? Getting sick of winter?

I miss hearing from members of the forum. To name a few: Luckylou, Soozan, Rich, Senacron man. I am sorry if I have left anyone out. My memory isn't the best anymore.

As many members have said. Anyone who would like to post is very welcome to. We are a friendly, caring, non-judgmental group. We like to support each other. We learn things from each other. If you post I am sure we will learn something valuable from you. This forum has helped me a great deal. I consider these people on the forum as my friends.

It was very hard for me to post when I first joined the forum. Now I realize that no one is going to judge me and only support me. I was always very scared I would write the wrong thing and hurt someone.

If anyone feels like it please post. We would be glad to hear from you.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 11:07:25 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. I agree with you that this is a good place to post. In regards to my health, well I'm getting older and I'm not doing so gracefully LOL. It seems that every time I take a step forward something happens. Broke my wrist 2 wks ago and that seems to be how the last 6mths have gone. Nothing tragic or horrifying, just a lot of problems. The good news is that between the cancer (treated last fall) and the after effects of the treatments, I lost 45 lbs and it was weight that I needed to lose. So I guess that is the bright side. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 11:35:14 pm »
Paul, didn't know about the cancer....or forgot....good about the 45 pounds.  My older brother who has prostate cancer (maybe could've been nipped in the bud....."I don't need to see a Dr.....nothing wrong with me.")

I fell (for no reason) outside my bldg on my face...it was the garden, so mud....no pain, no nothing.  Went to Emergency, but found nothing wrong.  Someone in Emergency noticed I'm 71.....so I'm a part time (?) patient in the Geriatric section of St. Michaels.

Because I joined that clinic, (I guess everyone gets this) - I'm getting a hearing test, MRI, sleep lab session.  Never had sleep lab session - has anyone here had one?  Someone told me there are LOTS of sleep labs in Toronto...I thought there was only one - Toronto Western Hospital.  Re all those tests - good! - I'm not so scared of MRI, maybe a little hard of hearing - a family trait.

I've sleepwalked about 4 times in my life...only the last six months...walk a couple of feet, and mess up my desk, maybe move things around a bit.  Maybe the sleep study will find out why?

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 05:54:11 pm »
(my second sleep lab was cancelled - turns out they got enuf data from my first one)

I was depressed a couple of days, first time in a long time, thanks to Mirtazapine (?).  Better today.

I was overwhelmed with redoing my place, tidying up (the usual!).  I have trouble (sometimes a LOT of trouble) with mechanical things, like putting my new bed frame together.  I think there are some parts missing, like bolts, which I bought in a hardware store.

It's on hold for now, as I have a ton on ironing to catch up on.  My mattress is on the floor (threw out old one).  Feels a little odd, but.....

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 03:23:06 pm »
I was only depressed a couple of days.

Since then, I've been tidying up and "renovating" more.

After tidying up, I found 4 pairs of scissors I was missing.  Some were spares, others were for cutting heavy stuff like cardboard.

Peter