Author Topic: My oldest brother passed away suddenly yesterday....  (Read 25285 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: My oldest brother passed away suddenly yesterday....
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 01:51:15 am »
Mom, thanks for your thoughts...

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 06:56:06 am »
I had really bad health anxiety at one time, Peter. It's much better now. What I learned was by asking others opinions and by googling symptoms I was keeping myself unhealthy because I was telling my brain something was wrong by doing the very things to try to make myself feel better.

Trigger > anxiety > research > temporary relief, then it the anxiety would start again.

I started to find ways to prevent myself from talking about my worries and from googling. That's the only way I was able to overcome the health anxiety.

Just some friend advice  :) It's easier said than done. Good luck!

Peace

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 04:18:23 am »
Re health anxiety, my friend in Japan (he's from here) says he's a hypochondriac....I haven't really noticed that.  Maybe he doesn't open up enough - typical male! :o
He asked his Dr. for blood pressure medication, even though his b.p. is normal.  Dr. gives him prescription!

That was a couple of years ago.  He now has fibromyalgia...(sp.).....I'm sure that it's real, as his pain is pretty bad, among other ailments.

I know some Dr.'s think it's imaginary, but his isn't....he's suffering.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:12 am »
Yes,
 some people are hypochondriacs. I know a few.One of my husband's aunt was like that. She got prescriptions that were not needed for imaginary ailments  which harmed her health.

Unfortunately when something is really wrong it is hard to believe them. When his aunt was dying I thought oh it is not serious. It is some complaint that doesn't mean anything.

Dragonfly

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 09:33:57 pm »
Hello Peter. Fibromyalgia is very real. However as you said many docs don't accept it. Take Care. paul m