Author Topic: Welcome anyone shy, nervous or just unsure about posting  (Read 8568 times)

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome anyone shy, nervous or just unsure about posting
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:27 am »
Over the years I've noticed that a lot of people read our forum, many join, but few people post. I never understood why. Often articles that we post gather 50-100 or more views so I know that somebody is reading us. But why don't more people post?

If you are afraid of someone criticizing your post, don't be. I or others may disagree with something that has been said , but we try very hard not to be critical.

Nor will you be bullied. Unlike some forums, we have a zero tolerance policy for bullies. A person who tries to bully someone will find their post removed and themselves banned very quickly.

Some people may feel that their writing and or language skills are lacking. Don't worry about that. We are more interested in hearing what you have to say then proper spelling etc.

If you need help figuring something out, you can send Dan or I a message and we will give you a hand.

Your post can be very long or very short. Often I takes many words to make a point, other times I just say " I agree" or I'm sorry to hear about your problems"

Finally over the yrs (there was a prior and more active forum) I've met many people who have helped me out. So please feel free to post away. Maybe you can be helped or maybe you can help someone else, either way it's a plus. Take Care. paul m

Dragonfly

• View Profile
Re: Welcome anyone shy, nervous or just unsure about posting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:40:24 pm »
Hi Paul,
 Thanks for putting that message out. This forum has helped me greatly over the years. People here are caring, respectville, helpful and do not judge. Even though you may think that your words have no meaning to the people on this forum that is not true. Everyone's words are welcome and will probably help one of us on this forum.
When I first joined this forum I was very scared to write on certain subjects. I was afraid that it may not be taken well by some of the people here. Nobody has ever put me down for what I wrote. Instead people were supportive and caring.
Please post and join us if you want to. We would be very happy if you did this.

Dragonfly

momfellinglost

• View Profile
Re: Welcome anyone shy, nervous or just unsure about posting
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:40:46 am »
 I did that for a long time too. I read and wondered. Would I be welcome to post would my posts be ignored. People even on line tend to develop friendships as that can be scary for someone who is or feels all alone. I finally posted and found out that all the fears were unfounded. But remember when people post they do check to see not only if people reply but also how many people read them. Sometimes we just can't help it. The people in forum could teach a lot of people how to act how to not judge