Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Anyone meditate or interested?
« Last post by etbandung on June 07, 2022, 09:12:07 am »
i like meditate in nature wheres nobody around nor noisy sound only birds and wind that blows camping near river or even hiking top of the mountain its very good for mental health
General Discussion / Anyone meditate or interested?
« Last post by Pleeb on May 28, 2022, 05:39:30 am »
I used to meditate and do mindfulness ("mindfulness," not "mindfulness meditation" - they're different).

The last few years I can't do either on my own.  Not sure why....?

Lately, I need help, so I bought a Muse - https://choosemuse.com/.

You're supposed to feel different after about two weeks.  I've been doing it for a week, twice a day, and I keep improving.
I know that because Muse tells me exactly how long I'm neutral, calm every day.....with cumulative totals, and a graph.

And Muse congratulates me, and I can congratulate myself on a "diary."  Also, I can give myself little images of birds on my profile if I do well.

Amazing!

Peter

Didn't know it was invented in Toronto.

General Discussion / Reminded that my younger brother passed away last June 24....
« Last post by Pleeb on September 29, 2021, 09:47:51 pm »
Someone reminded me of this.

He had leukemia, but no pain, and he knew he was dying.  (there are different types of leukemia)

I knew it was June 24, but (this isn't logical....).....I keep thinking June 24 was "a few months ago."   ::)

I had 4 brothers (no sisters) - now I have two, and one has Alzheimers.

I'm 74 1/2, so not THAT unusual that people around my age would fade away.

Peter

I'm lucky - overweight smoking parents lived fairly long.

General Discussion / Re: WHERE IS EVERYONE???
« Last post by Eazybreezy02 on September 23, 2021, 11:17:16 am »
Hi P, yes I've been in a few virtual meetings - one session in General Depression and Anxiety and a few in the BiPolar. That's really my only option as there are no in-person meetings available anywhere near where I live. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet...
« Last post by Pleeb on September 22, 2021, 09:27:37 pm »
Hi, E.....That was the virtual meeting, just out of curiosity?  I'm not interested in attending, as I'm not bipolar.

When I was in Laughing like Crazy, virtually everyone in it was bipolar.

Peter

MDAO should announce on the front page that the online support group is open again.
I used to be a regular here, but then life got busy!

I'm looking forward to attending (virtually) the Bipolar Peer Support Group this Friday.  I hope that the technology involved in doing this isn't going to let me down!

Rich

Rich, did you end up attending the support group? How did you like it if you did? I did as well for a few weeks - no offense to anyone there but I found it kind of depressing. But that's just me - it works great for some people but not for others. It's good that it's available for those who do find it helpful!
« Last post by Eazybreezy02 on September 20, 2021, 09:58:25 am »
I'm here! I thought the same thing  :-\

I think what happens is when people start to feel better, they don't need to be on here anymore. But, because of mental illness, when they don't feel good, it's hard to either remember this is here or have no energy to be utilizing this service. I know for myself when I first found this site/forum I was in a shitty place looking for answers, to talk to anyone who would listen. Then when I had a blip in the radar where I was feeling better, I didn't think about this site.

I'm cycling through again though so will likely be reading what's going on with others to try and gain insight on some solutions to help myself.

Btw, I laughed when I read your comment about chatting on here naked because no one is around. Too funny!
Depression and Bipolar / Re: Struggling with Medication
« Last post by Eazybreezy02 on September 20, 2021, 09:49:06 am »
Hi Rich, thanks for your response. A LOT has happened since my initial post! It got to the point where my medication was physically ruining me and I'm still recovering from it. I am no longer medicated at all. It took over a month to get over withdrawal symptoms and looking back, I'd rather feel the way I do without the medication than with the medication. It was years of not only feeling horrible because of 'illness' but add on the misery of side effects. At least I have a clear mind (albeit, sometimes too clear) to work on this now. I'm not anti-medication at all but my experience was so shitty that I will have a hard time being convinced to try something new.

My anxiety is still really high and I feel physically nauseous more often than not - but - I need to find a better way to cope. I'm conscious of the fact that rumination is real and work really hard not to get stuck in that cycle. I'm grateful I can at least laugh again and actually feel funny and feel good things when they happen. I just need to figure out how to get a grip with the horrible feeling inside that brings me down. If I can do this, then it's under control and I can get on with my life without any medication. I guess that's the secret, right?
General Discussion / PM people on MDAO forum....
« Last post by Pleeb on August 29, 2021, 02:32:34 pm »
I wish you could PM people here to say hi/remind them that the forum is open.   :)

Oh well....

Peter
General Discussion / Re: heart ailment...
« Last post by Rich on July 31, 2021, 11:29:07 pm »
Interesting!  My Dr. thinks that 130 - 139 is okay, even though it is called "high normal"!  I try to eat well, exercise, and keep my weight donw, and that seems to help too.

When I was working, my weight was 205 lbs.  When I stopped working and was able to walk around more (i.e. no long changed to a desk), I got my weight down to about 170 - 175 lbs!

Rich
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10