Author Topic: Can you believe its been 5 Years?!!!!???!!!  (Read 9613 times)

Soozan

• I love Rich!
    • View Profile
Can you believe its been 5 Years?!!!!???!!!
« on: June 25, 2017, 11:39:38 am »
Rich and I just got back from our yearly Niagara Vacation where we were celebrating our 5th Anniversary! Time goes fast when you are having fun I guess! Sorry we have not been on the site... Life with millennials is really challenging and time consuming! But all 3 kids are moving on as they should be with jobs and college etc. We are in the home stretch!

We just wanted to say HI and check in with everyone! We hope you are all doing well!

For those of you who don't know Rich and I, we met here on this forum and met offline, fell in love and were married 5 years ago! And we are still going strong! Many thought (especially Rich's pdoc!) we wouldn't make it because Rich is bipolar 2 and I am bipolar 1, but we are both committed to our mental health and taking medication, so life has been good together!

Best wishes to everyone and thank you MDAO and Paul M for this community board! My life would have been crap if it wasn't for this forum!

Happy 150th Canada Day!

Rich and Soozan
Deep, meaningful saying goes here... got one?

Stenacron man

• View Profile
Re: Can you believe its been 5 Years?!!!!???!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:10:28 pm »
I don't know you but I am very happy for you.  :D

Buddy Mack.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:28:17 pm »
Congradulations, Soozan and Rich on your 5th Wedding Anniversary. Time does fly.

Is it coincidence that I was thinking about the different people on the forum that we haven't heard from for awhile. I was thinking about the two of you also.

I am doing fine. I have great supporters. My family first and foremost. My two daughters. My son has been separated from his wife. It was very difficult for him. It was hard for the rest of the family too. My son has met a woman with a 10 year old daughter. She has moved in with him. He is so much happier. I am so glad. It is hard to see your children having a hard time. It is as if I have acquired a new daughter-in-law and granddaughter although they aren't married. I love both of them dearly. I also thoroughly enjoy my granddaughter from my son (10 years old) and my grandson (8 years old).

I have great support from extended family and friends. The health professionals I see for my health problems are also very caring and helpful.

I live day to day and try to enjoy the special moments. I do miss my husband very much. Every day. I have to be thankful for what I have though.

Yes, I must say that this forum has really helped me especially through some very hard times. I am very thankful to Paul and the many other people on this forum.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:28 am »
Happy Anniversary, Rich and Soozan! I had always hoped that someone was coming from my area, or that I could have overcome my agoraphobia enough, to be able to attend the gatherings. Your incredible sense of humour is part of what made me want to be able to attend.

Wishing you many more happy years together.

Peace

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:23 pm »
Hello Soozan.  Congrats. You two are really nice people and you deserve all of the happiness that you have brought to one another. I'm sure that there have been struggles along the way but I'm glad to hear that you two have overcome them. 

Your wedding was a great event and you two made it so enjoyable for the guests. You even made sure that I was seated near a door as I have anxiety problems if I get pinned in the middle of a crowd. That is really looking after your guests.  I hope that you have many more happy yrs together.

Rich deserves a special pat on the back as it was him who started organizing the get togethers.  So in a way he decided his own good fortune. The MDAO and I just helped him along by keeping the forum going.

Sometime when my life settles down(more on that in another post) we will have to get together again. Take Care. paul m

P.S. to all. Thx for all of your thx.  I have gotten as much and more out of this forum over the yrs then I have put into it. So while I'm grateful for the thx, I'm even more grateful, for all of the people who have  posted even once on here.

P.P.S. What is really scary is that I have been writing to Rich for over 10 yrs LOL.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:25:47 am »
 :-* :-*!