Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / For OCD and OCPD people / Lithium Brain damage
« Last post by Stenacron man on June 09, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
For OCD and OCPD people / Lithium Brain damage

I was lithium intoxicated for 212 days last year and am still copping with the repercussions and the rebuilding of my body. I am physically and mentally doing well. In spring 2016 I had a brain MRI done and I never heard much about it from my Neurologist other than everything is normal within reason. To make a long story short I now have white-matter disorder that was reported in that MRI. That is when damage the white matter in the brain is cause by something generally a traumatic brain injury or medically caused by medications like “Lithium”.

Most antipsychotics and antidepressants work in the gray matter areas of the brain. Lithium only works in the white matter of the brain and is “CUMULATIVE” which can and will likely led to (SILENT) “(Syndrome of Irreversible Lithium-Effectuated Neurotoxicity)”. I will also add a link to that paper.

Back to OCD and OCPD. Damage to white matter greatly modifies and enhances OCD effects. If you have severe OCD and or OCPD you should print this document and talk to your GP about an MRI just to make sure your white matter is not damaged.

Yes I will be having another comparison MRI soon.   

OCD link
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/208780

Lithium link.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/8019327_The_Syndrome_of_Irreversible_Lithium-Effectuated_Neurotoxicity

Buddy Mack. 
General Discussion / Re: Couple of things on my mind
« Last post by Dragonfly on June 09, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
Hi Peace, I haven't been on the forum for awhile.

You sound like such a good Mother Peace worrying about your daughter and her boyfriend.

I hope that your friends son is doing well.

I am a little short on words today.

Dragonfly
General Discussion / Re: Feeling pressure - I'm 70 next week!
« Last post by Dragonfly on June 09, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »
Happy Birthday Peter,

I am not far behind you. In age is what I mean of course.

Have a great day with your brothers.

Good going with your rowing machine and your yoga.

Dragonfly    :-*
« Last post by Pleeb on June 09, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
Good one!   :o

P
« Last post by paulm on June 08, 2017, 05:48:17 AM »
Happy 70th Peter.  That's not a cake Peter, wipe away all of the icing and you will see that it is a fold out coffin, new health regulations require that people over 70 sleep in one so that they can be just hauled directly to the cemetery LOL. Take Care. paul m
« Last post by Pleeb on June 08, 2017, 01:09:29 AM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, PAUL!

I'm 70 June 8.

Hey, my birthday cake is shaped like a coffin.  Is that the usual custom?

Peter  :o
« Last post by paulm on June 03, 2017, 12:08:22 AM »
Hello Peter.  I'm glad that you and your siblings can gather and celebrate a birthday together.  In regards to your good genes only being from the neck down.  You seem pretty normal to me, but then I tend to think that I'm normal too and some of the people around me are not too sure about that LOL.

When I first met you, about 9-10 yrs ago( WOW that long ago, time really flies) you didn't look a day over 60 and the last time I saw you , you still didn't look a day over 60. You seemed to have stopped aging.  So I presume that is a good thing.

In regards to yoga and rowing machines, whenever I get low to the ground, I have trouble getting up again. The other day I changed a flat tire and then my wife had to use the car jack to get me up off of the ground LOL. So if you can even think about rowing machines and or yoga you are doing pretty good for a guy facing 69+.

I hope that you have a great birthday and that you have many more birthdays, I know that you have brought a lot of fun and laughter into this world with your jokes and hand outs and I have really appreciated that. Sometimes you have given me a laugh when I really needed one and for that I will always be grateful. Thx and Take Care. paul m
« Last post by Peace on June 02, 2017, 07:46:56 AM »
Have a wonderful birthday, Peter!  :) :)

Age is just a number. You are definitely young at heart and a very fun person.

Peace
« Last post by Pleeb on June 01, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »
B, thanks...

Just a number.  When I wake up on my birthday, I'll look, feel exactly the same, of course.

Peter
« Last post by Stenacron man on June 01, 2017, 01:09:25 PM »
Well first off ---HAPPY BIRTHDAY  :D

It all just a number nothing to worry about. Your present to yourself is and excellent choice.

Have a great time with your brothers.

Buddy Mack.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10