Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Seeing a therapist soon....a Social Worker student....
« Last post by Peace on December 10, 2017, 11:31:52 AM »
Good luck to you, Peter!

Peace
General Discussion / Seeing a therapist soon....a Social Worker student....
« Last post by Pleeb on December 07, 2017, 12:54:24 AM »
I mentioned on Dragonfly's post I would be seeing a Ph.D. psychology student as a therapist.

I'm mistaken - make that (probably) a M.S.W. student, not a psychology student.

Paul M. asked:
Hello Peter.  I am only guessing here but I presume the student would be under a doctors supervision. Do you know if the Doctor would see you once in a while or just review the students notes. I'm just curious, I've worked with students before, but never for psychology problems and I jut wondered how it works. If you decide to go that way, keep us informed. Thx and Take Care. paul m

Paul, I don't know any of that.  I saw my Nurse Practitioner yesterday, and spoke to the Social Work student today very briefly.

BTW, I could've seen a peer support worker at MDAO....  I did, once upon a time, but it didn't work out.

I'm seeing this person for procrastination and anxiety when multitasking.  Procrastination is old news, anxiety when multitasking is new.

I'll keep you guys informed...

Peter
General Discussion / Re: have been on the forum about my problems a great deal lately
« Last post by paulm on December 06, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »
Hello Peter.  I am only guessing here but I presume the student would be under a doctors supervision. Do you know if the Doctor would see you once in a while or just review the students notes. I'm just curious, I've worked with students before, but never for psychology problems and I jut wondered how it works. If you decide to go that way, keep us informed. Thx and Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Re: have been on the forum about my problems a great deal lately
« Last post by Pleeb on December 06, 2017, 12:27:11 AM »
Hi, Dragonfly....Nothing wrong with "a great deal lately," by the way.

Today, my nurse practitioner discussed me seeing a therapist, which would be a Ph.D. psychology student from Ryerson (?).

My nurse practitioner/Dr. are at a clinic that is part of St. Michael's Hospital....it's also physically close to the hospital.

Peter
General Discussion / Re: Activity
« Last post by momfellinglost on November 24, 2017, 10:59:19 AM »
I hope you post this is a very supportive place respectful and it will at times make you laugh and smile. There are a great bunch of people here. There is a lot of knowledge and help. And we can always use more in the group. It helped me so much over the years just knowing I have a safe place to vent is comforting
General Discussion / Re: Activity
« Last post by paulm on November 21, 2017, 12:49:01 AM »
Hello Dave and welcome.  This is a peer support forum, which means support is based in mutual support provided by peers and/or loved ones, and friends.  While this isn't a chat room, it is a place where a person can receive support. It is more of a bulletin board style. If you have a question , problem or just feel like venting some, please do so, somebody will likely post a reply. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Activity
« Last post by Dave procter on November 20, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
Guess I donít understand how this works.   I really thought I had a chat room  for receiving an giving support
General Discussion / Re: OCD video
« Last post by paulm on November 13, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
Hello Buddy Mack. Thx for sharing. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Re: OCD video
« Last post by Peace on November 13, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
That was excellent, Buddy Mack, thank you for sharing.

Jeff Szymanski has been mentioned in the treatment program I'm attending a few times. I liked how he made reference to how disturbing it is for those of us with true OCD to hear people say "I have some OCD, or I used to have some OCD, I like my towels a certain way." Everything he talked about are things I'm learning in treatment, so he's very much a legitimate OCD resource.

Hope you're doing well.

Peace

General Discussion / OCD video
« Last post by Stenacron man on November 11, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10