Author Topic: How is everyone doing this summer  (Read 10259 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
How is everyone doing this summer
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:59:55 pm »
Hi everyone, How is everyone doing?

Peace how is it going with you?

Paul have you found a new place to live. Is your internet doing any better?

Stenacron man how are things going with you. Peter how are you doing?

Sorry if I have left anyone out. Always interested in how people are doing.

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing this summer
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 01:19:02 am »
Hi, Dragongfly.....I'm realizing now and then that I get depressed more often than I think.

If I kept a diary.........I wouldn't want to look at it.... :o unless it was very general, with few details.

I'm o.k. today, and the last few days.

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:19:05 pm »
I'm hanging in.  :)

There finally seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel regarding getting our house ready to put up for sale. It's been a long road getting it in order. Our target to put the sign up is Spring 2018.

My oldest moved in with her boyfriend in June. I really miss her. My youngest changed jobs because she'd worked every single holiday as well as was working 6 days a week, including double split shifts on the weekends, at a restaurant. She asked 4 months in advance for 5 days off for her best friends birthday (she moved 4 hours away) and was told the week before she was to leave she couldn't have the time off. She called me on the phone in tears asking me if she should hand in her resignation if when she talked to her manager they still wouldn't give her the time off, and I said yes, which is what she ended up doing. I'm quite proud of her for assertiveness dealing with this.

Emotionally I'm good one day and very productive, then the next riddles with IBS, obsessing, compulsions, anxiety, per usual. I'm very thankful for the good days, and just try to ride out the bad ones.

How are you doing, Dragonfly?

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:08:42 pm »
Thanks for asking Peace.
 Unfortunately on Sunday I found out that my late husband's sister's husband passed away. He was 79 years old and had a stroke very unexpectedly.

I emphazie with his wife my sister-in-law. She will now be without her spouse like I am.

A few things I must say. He died sailing on his boat with his wife, daughter and son-in-law and kids. Sailing was his passion. Him and his wife were back a number of days from a cruise to Holland (where he and his wife are from ) to Scandinavian countries to the Arctic. This trip was for their 55th anniversary which was in July. His birthday was in July when he turned 79.

I believe he lived a very good life.

The funeral is tomorrow on Thursday. I will not attend. It is out of town and in the afternoon when I rest. I do not have the energy to attend. The family understands. My two daughters and son will attend.

Otherwise I am doing okay.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »
Peace,
 I am glad that you are doing the best that you can. Enjoying the good days.

I feel badly for your daughter about her job. My daughter is having similar problems and is looking for another job. It is so unfair the way some employers treat their employees.

Hope your oldest daughter lives close so that you can have visits with her.

Take care.

Dragonfly

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:50:23 pm »
I'm sorry it took me a couple of days to answer, Dragonfly. OCD overthinking is making it hard for me to think clearly, and I just read what you said many times and drew a complete mind blank.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. My counsellor wants me to find grief therapy because she said the loss of someone can often trigger other losses. I imagine you must be missing your husband right now.

I'm very relieved to hear that your family understands you not attending, we really do need that type of support.

Forgive me, I really am at a loss for words lately.

My daughter shares the car with her sister so pops in to pick up/drop off frequently. Often when she does she will stay to have a meal with us.

Peace

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 02:10:23 am »
Hello Dragonfly. My internet is still spotty and I've discovered that several of my neighbours have been complaining to the corporate giant as well, yet the corporate giant keeps telling me that I'm the only one complaining in my area. The worse part about it is they don't seem to care when you point out the facts to them. They do make nice cooing noises and offer rebates on service, but only after a lot of headaches.

Yes we do have a place to live and will be moving in early Sept. Right now we are trying to figure out what has to go as we've accumulated a lot of junk in 31 yrs, plus we are only going to have about have the size to deal with. Not a major problem, just a time consuming one trying to decide what to save and what goes.

Sorry to hear about your sis-in-laws husband. Take Care. paul m

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 04:58:05 pm »
 I am having a busy summer despite the weather being up and down. Started a new hobby Beekeeping. The bees don't care how I feel and watching them work is calming. It does take more work than I thought it would but the reward at the end is very sweet. My garden is not doing as well as it could with the weather.  Joined a group on FB that I thought was a good fit for things that I was objecting too- the price of power but it hasn't worked out the way I had hoped and now I need to figure out what to do not only with my objections but my time.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 11:15:14 am »
Peace, thank you for being so perceptive. The loss of my brother-in-law has triggered thoughts of my late husband.

Peter, glad you are feeling better in the last while.

momfeelinglost, your new hobby sounds very interesting.

Paul, I am glad that you have found a place to live. It must be a challenge to go through your things and to decide what to keep and not keep.

Dragonfly