Author Topic: having a bit of a tough time right now  (Read 9975 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
having a bit of a tough time right now
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:44:52 pm »
Hi everyone,
  This time is difficult for me. It was my wedding anniversary yesterday. It would have been 46 years. My husband and I made it to 39 years.

Father's day brings back many memories.

At the end of this month it is the anniversary of my husband's passing. I can't believe it has been 7 years.

Although I miss my husband every day I have much to be thankful for. My family, friends and the professional health care givers who help me.

My son is almost divorced. He now lives with a woman that really cares about him. His partner has a daughter who I have adopted as my grandchild. My son also has a daughter and son. They get along so well.

On the whole I am doing quite well.

I hope everyone else is doing well or the best that they can.

Again almost afraid to post this. Don't want this to be all about me.

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: having a bit of a tough time right now
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 09:38:26 pm »
Don't want this to be all about me.

Nothing wrong with that!

Sounds like you're doing well.

Peter

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 07:36:10 am »
It's never ever been all about you, Dragonfly! You've always been very thoughtful and caring towards us. Very much appreciated!

Anniversary dates are exceptionally hard. Allow yourself time to feel sad. You'll be surrounded by people who also loved your husband, if you can try to take comfort in that.

Thinking of you

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 02:08:47 am »
I never remember my mother's date of death....but I know it was September.  I can't look at her picture, partly because she had a hard life because of my cranky father......who was a jerk in many ways.  But not violent, thank goodness!

I was closest to my mother, especially her last few years.

Peter

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:43:25 am »
      We always grieve those we loose and special dates are the hardest to deal with. It should be about you. While others may not always understand your feelings after loving someone for so many years and they are not just a by-stander in your life they are part of you.
       When I lost my mom on mothers day 18 years ago(it feels like yesterday) I couldn't imagine how much I would miss her and for many years would reach for the  phone to just talk to her. So you are not the alone in still missing those that we love. Talking about them is a sure way to keep them in your world my kids often share stories of their grandparents and it makes me laugh and know how much of an impact they made on their lives.
   Take care and know you are not alone in your feelings. I always say tell those you love how proud and how much you love them now. What I wouldn't give for just one more talk with mine.  Hugs to you and yours

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 08:05:30 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. I don't know what I would do if I lost my spouse, so you have my sympathies. How am I doing? Sort of like the weather this yr. Some good days but a lot of days with dark clouds. No good reason for that either, usually I'm down for a while in the spring but by now I usually feel better. I do feel better most days, but for some reason not all of them.

However I'll just have to concentrate on the good and try and forget the bad. Take Care. paul m