Author Topic: How is everyone doing?  (Read 13479 times)

Dragonfly

• View Profile
How is everyone doing?
« on: April 03, 2019, 10:43:46 am »
Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing.

I must say it has been a roller coaster for me. Things have happened in my family that have left me very sad and upset. I am working through it with the support of many people. I will be okay.

This weather hasn't helped either. Spring is on the way and that always makes me feel better.

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 02:20:56 pm »
I'm o.k....  I was taking a Dealing with Anxiety and Depression course at MDAO, but I quit - missing too many classes.  But I'll look at the workbook.

My brother with dementia - he's being assessed for long term care (?), or moving out of his house into an apartment setting?
He needs care re making meals, remembering his medications.
His son took away his car keys when his back was turned.....LOL

My younger brothers and I visited.  He later told his son that "the Germans" were nice.  We are German, but maybe he thought we were cousins from Germany?....LOL

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 02:48:08 pm »
I will be okay.

That's nice to hear!

Peter

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:59:33 pm »
Hello Dragonfly. I've got a mild case of SAD, but other than that I'm reasonably healthy, however my idea of reasonably healthy is probably set at a pretty low bar. Take Care. paul m

Peace

• Bazinga
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 06:38:59 pm »
Mixed for me. OCD is up, but OCD is triggered by stress, so understandable. Biggest frustration on a personal level is getting notices of medical tests that are due and due to circumstances having to wait to get them done.

My 2nd mom, my ex's mom, crossed over April 1. She was 85. Been supporting the kids with that, but mostly the ex. He calls me several times a day over numerous issues. Also assisted 5 people, including the ex, with income tax processing. My initial reaction to the separation was cut all contact with the ex. I was talking to someone about it and they advised me to do what I could live with and I agree with that, so my decision was to help him, but set boundaries to protect my own health. Sad over the loss of Mom.

Good to see your sense of humour surfacing in regards to your brothers memory loss, Peter.

Families can be a pain, Dragonfly. I'm glad you have people to support you. Don't ever forget how awesome you are!

Good to hear you're reasonably healthy, Paul. More sunlight coming up should help with the SAD hopefully.

Excited about hockey playoffs. Go Leafs Go!!

Peace

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:00:09 pm »
Hello Peace. My sympathies on the passing of your mother-in-law. Congrats on helping people with their income tax. Would you like to do mine LOL. Make sure that you look after yourself first. I used to help people with their income tax and it slowly got to be too much. I found people were phoning me for help on simple items and then I wouldn't hear from them until the next year. Take Care. paul m