Author Topic: Ever had b bugs in your place?  (Read 22787 times)

Pleeb

• View Profile
Ever had b bugs in your place?
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
I think......I have them.

People ask "can you see them?".....no, because they bite at night only.  BTW, they aren't THAT small...the size of an apple seed.  Unless I have something else?....hives?  Another type of insect?

I have none in my little traps that I can show my landlord.  I'm in a seniors' bldg - the landlord would pay for the exterminator.  A lady down the hall just had one in.

I have lots of bites on my arms and legs, but very few of them are itchy, which is weird.

The bites are a little unsightly...I asked my nurse practitioner for maybe a cream prescription to diminish them.

She said to use vitamin E oil.

It feels "creepy" to go to bed with the oil on - so sticky, and the oil will get on sheets etc.  It feels slightly uncomfortable to have it on to begin with.

The worst part of all this - having to prepare my place for the exterminator, if one comes - a lot of emptying closets, bagging stuff I have lying around, under my bed.  Under my bed I have a lot of storage.

I have trouble tidying my place....a lot.  Maybe tidying for the exterminator will get me "in the groove."

Peter

Vitamin E oil very expensive....so is the cream....I have both.

momfellinglost

• View Profile
Re: Ever had b bugs in your place?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:03:28 am »
 The places you want to look is the seems on your bed you may not see the bugs if there are not many now but you will(or should ) see evidence that they have been there. They poop a lot and leave little poops small spots everywhere. They don't just get in your bed they get in baseboards and cracks. And you could have them and caught the invasion early. Now I am not saying you do have them but they are movers and apt buildings provide a lot the little bug highways for them to move around pipes and electrical wiring. Wonder if any of the companies or the one who did the other apt would do a free inspection on your place. Worth a try

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:04:49 am »
 Oh and the other place they like to hang out is ceilings so look up the will drop on people they are attracted to the carbon you exhale

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 07:18:33 pm »
Mom, thanks....Didn't know about the ceiling. 

An exterminator came the other day to look at my place.  They are fumigating my place on Wednesday.

Re the bites, I should've pushed my nurse p more to get a prescription instead of Vitamin E.  If I've been taking antidepressants etc for years, I may be more worried about how it looks...more than someone who hasn't been on meds forever.

My nurse p offered to help me set up my cell phone - that doesn't compensate for the above.

I should've had one before for emergencies, but I got my first cell phone lately mainly to use an app to help me meditate.  I can explain further in the future.

Peter

Forgot to mention that sometimes the bites look worse....maybe sunscreen irritates them a bit?....even the Vitamin E oil does.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 03:26:56 am »
I was sprayed again....still feel  >:( the odd one, like right now!

I'm fixing up my place, starting with a new twin bed.  I have a double bed, which takes up too much space in my tiny apt, plus it's old.

Because of the bugs, I'm very careful about quickly put the mattress cover on, so bugs don't get in....

Experts on the net say you don't need a box spring, contrary to popular opinion.  In most cases.

Instead, I have a piece of plywood.....I'm also very careful putting a plastic encasement on it so bugs don't lay eggs on it or whatever.

(I have a piece of plywood just in case, plus I don't want a really high bed.  The lack of box spring will lower the height.)

Peter

Peter

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 03:33:40 am »
Re buying my bed, I delayed doing that because I thought I "wasn't good enough" to do a major purchase like that.  Maybe the Mirtazapine helped me?
Also, pain in the ass putting the building elevator on hold........

It turns out the receptionist didn't put the elevator on hold - that's what I would've done if I was in charge.  A twin bed is small.

Me, another random passenger, and the two delivery guys with mattress and metal frame easily fit on the elevator......it was quick, too.

Peter

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 12:18:45 pm »
Peter, I don't have a box spring. Just a single mattress in a bed frame with slats. That works for me.

Hope you don't have any more problems with bugs.

Dragonfly

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 03:27:05 pm »
Hi, Dragonfly.....The slats help with support.  You may not need a box spring according to experts on the net.

Not sure if I still have bugs.....very few, if any.   :)

Peter

I'm sometimes itchy here and there - it could be psychological, and I have sensitive skin anyway.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 06:09:49 pm »
Update:  I still get the odd bite at my computer chair.....which is odd.....not my bed so much.

I'm getting some more tools to fight them, like things that go on the bottom of bed/furniture legs, so they can't climb up.

Peter

It's still creepy.

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 02:57:27 am »
I hadn't seen one in months >:(.  Saw one the other day....I killed it.

Got home Saturday, and there were hundreds on my sheets and comforter.....and dark stains, which turn out to be their poo.  Yuck.

I think I got most of them...a lot of them.

I'll tell my bldg management in a few days.

Peter

I was shocked!  Also, none (that I saw) for ages, then I see a zillion on one day.

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 08:08:24 pm »
Good Luck getting rid of them Peter. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 02:53:10 am »
Off topic - a good thing about online forums is that I can go back in the past to see how I felt, when things happened.....like a certain kind of bugs. >:( 
Didn't think I saw them more than a month ago, June 24.

Peter

momfellinglost

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 10:07:41 am »
  Hi Peter
   Sorry you are going through this again. From what I know of the little bugs you are have a re-infestation most likely that they didn't do one apt or someone in the building has someone who is visiting bringing them in or it could be as simple as someone buying an item from someone who had them in their place. They can go dormant for around 18 months if no "food" is at hand. They travel as well and apt building are like a highway pipes that go through rooms wires etc. They are drawn by the air you exhaile. Hope you can get the mangament to fix it quickly. Good luck

paulm

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 04:05:30 pm »
Hello Peter. Sorry that you have to go through all this again. Take Care. paul m

Pleeb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 08:22:40 pm »
Going through it again.

There are precautions I can take, like putting clothes in sealed bags....

Peter