Support for People with Mood Disorders > General Discussion

hope to see a psychiatrist...

(1/4) > >>

Pleeb:
I'll mention it to nurse practitioner soon.  It would be a geriatric one, as I'm 71.

I need help with procrastinating, for one thing........that's a BIG thing.

Possible reason for procrastinating/avoiding......"I'm not worth it".....i.e.,re doing self improvement things.  "I"m not worth improving, so why bother?"
Just a thought.

Peter

Dragonfly:
Hi Peter,
Maybe I don't make sense. I find that I procrastinate is because I can't do things that I used to do. It is very frustrating. I should ask a family member or professional to help me. I is hard to admit that you can't do certain things anymore. So I procrastinate.

Dragonfly

paulm:
Hello Perter. I too procrastinate too much. I don't have any good answers, but you are not alone. Take Care. paul m

Peace:
My psychiatrist explained to me those of us with OCD procrastinate so much because we think things through so much we rarely take action. He used to motivate me. I had such great respect for the man, retired now, that all he'd have to say to me is "you've talked about doing that since our initial appointments, please have it done by next appointment" and that was all I needed. As soon as I left his office I put the steps in place to have the task done by next appointment. It doesn't work so well with people I don't have such great respect for, but accountability is definitely something that motivates me.

Peace:
Forgot to mention, now I try (not always successful) to just do what needs to be done. Groceries? Go out as soon as store opens first day of sale type of thing. Exercise? First thing in the morning or as soon as I wake from a nap on goes the sweats and runners. If I don't force myself to do that I don't get anything done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version