Support for People with Mood Disorders > General Discussion

Introductions

(1/14) > >>

Daniel F:
We got a great suggestion about having an introductions thread, so here it is! Feel free to introduce yourself/say a little bit about yourself in this thread.

I'm Daniel, administrator and sometimes moderator of this forum, and I'm also a peer support worker at the MDAO. I enjoy movies, good TV shows, listening to and making hip hop music, playing with my two cats (although I am still a dog person at heart!), and when I am feeling like doing something active I like biking, Ultimate Frisbee, skiing, and stuff like that.

Dragonfly:
I go by the name of Dragonfly. I love spending time with my family. Going camping is a big one on my list. I like reading and doing crafts. Like Daniel I like playing with my two cats. Nature. Watching birds, animals, looking at plants. I like my computer. Researching, playing games, this forum. Gardening. Watch such shows as the Amazing Race, American Idol, Jeopardy. Movies.

paulm:
Hello Everyone.  People like Dragonfly, Daniel and everyone else on this forum are pretty nice people. We've all had our fair share of problems (to say the least :) ) . Some of us(all perhaps) still have some sort of struggle with our lives, some are better (as in more well) than others and some are watching and trying to help loved ones. Some can work and some can't. Overall everybody is pretty understanding, which is why I'm still posting on a MDAO forum after 10yrs.

Myself, I've had a lifelong struggle with bipolar, anxieties and other problems, both mental and physical. Some of my life has been bliss and some has been a living hell.  Sometimes I've been lucky as heck and other times I couldn't win a lottery if I was the only one entered.

In the past, my illness, has caused me to create a lot of  heartache for a lot of people. I also rec'd a lot of help over the years from anonymous strangers who passed on tips on how to get better. So as I can no longer work, I do a lot of volunteering, partly because of the satisfaction helping others gives me and partly to help keep kicking a few skeletons to the  back of the closet :).

I 've been married for 38 yrs (yes to only one woman!) and have 2 kids and a grandchild and my one son also has bipolar and some physical challenges.

I've been a professional and at times my illness(es) have caused me to be almost a professional bum.  I enjoy the outdoors, reading, and so may different things that I haven't even turned on my TV in over a year. (except to watch the occasional DVD).

Depending on who you ask,I'm reasonable stable these days. I'll never be well, but I really enjoy life and that wasn't always so.

I'm definitely a dog person, but we currently also have a cat.  I tend to be a bit wordy, but I'm pretty friendly (these day  :) )

I've been doing things with or for the MDAO for 20+ yrs now and I can tell you that they are a pretty good organization and if anyone reading this has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We on the forum, do not have all of the answers, but we can listen, sympathize, sometimes point you in the right direction and above all, you'll know you are not alone. Take Care. paul m

LuckyLou:
Hi I am. Lucky for a number of reasons but mostly because I'm still alive! I had a breakdown about 6 years ago when I was formally diagnosed as bipolar and having an anxiety disorder. This is when I first stumbled across this forum and boy have I come a long way since those early days! I have been with my partner for almost nineteen years and I am so lucky that he has stuck by me through all the craziness. I am still learning about this illness and this forum has saved me a number of times and I am grateful for the friends I have made here.i  too have a cat who has social anxiety too lol I have had periods where I have been unable to work and I am. Working now but barely hanging by a thread. I am an open book so feel free to ask questions or pm me anytime!

DeterminedJay:
Hey MDAO, my name is Jason. I don't want to put a name on whatever I have because it has no power over my life except the power I give it... But in my past I have suffered from a depression with symptoms that correlate to ADHD. But moving on, I am a huge believer in science and the power of computers and I put a majority of my energy into designing and thinking about ways with which it can be used to further benefit our species.

I am either very goal oriented and driven to the point of absolute obsession, or a hermit who doesn't want to leave a room let alone the house. I aim to balance it out, but my diet is directly related to the way my mind functions...

I love video games, I love food, I can cook decently, and I love to love.

You may see me as a space case, a brilliant mind or a complete nut. But I have trained myself so that whenever anyone puts me down it just makes we work harder to be better than I was yesterday. Not for them, not for anyone except myself and my future.

Thank you for welcoming me to this community, I feel as though being here is essential to my well-being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version