Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Activity
« Last post by paulm on Today at 12:49:01 AM »
Hello Dave and welcome.  This is a peer support forum, which means support is based in mutual support provided by peers and/or loved ones, and friends.  While this isn't a chat room, it is a place where a person can receive support. It is more of a bulletin board style. If you have a question , problem or just feel like venting some, please do so, somebody will likely post a reply. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Activity
« Last post by Dave procter on November 20, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
Guess I donít understand how this works.   I really thought I had a chat room  for receiving an giving support
General Discussion / Re: OCD video
« Last post by paulm on November 13, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
Hello Buddy Mack. Thx for sharing. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Re: OCD video
« Last post by Peace on November 13, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
That was excellent, Buddy Mack, thank you for sharing.

Jeff Szymanski has been mentioned in the treatment program I'm attending a few times. I liked how he made reference to how disturbing it is for those of us with true OCD to hear people say "I have some OCD, or I used to have some OCD, I like my towels a certain way." Everything he talked about are things I'm learning in treatment, so he's very much a legitimate OCD resource.

Hope you're doing well.

Peace

General Discussion / OCD video
« Last post by Stenacron man on November 11, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
General Discussion / Re: sponser you
« Last post by Dragonfly on October 20, 2017, 11:39:04 AM »
Okay Paul. Sounds good.
Dragonfly
General Discussion / Re: sponser you
« Last post by paulm on October 20, 2017, 04:38:18 AM »
Hello Dragonfly. Thx for wanting to sponsor me and for letting me know of the problem. I will investigate and get back to you shortly. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / sponser you
« Last post by Dragonfly on October 18, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »
Hi Paul,
I would like to sponser you for the fundraiser. I receive the email. When I click on sponser me it comes up page cannot be displayed. I don't know what is going wrong.
Dragonfly
General Discussion / Re: I've Found OCD Treatment
« Last post by paulm on October 13, 2017, 01:40:04 AM »
Hello Peace. Good for you in finding a treatment. I know that you have looking for a long time.  Often the toughest and hardest thing about getting well is finding treatment in the first place. The second toughest is trying to follow through with it through all of our moods. Good Luck with it. Take Care. paul m
General Discussion / Re: I've Found OCD Treatment
« Last post by Peace on October 12, 2017, 05:39:53 AM »
Will do, Buddy.

2 hours of assisted ERP in the morning, 2 hours of self-directed ERP in the afternoon, 2 hours of CBT and group discussion about our progress the remainder of the day.  :)

First day a success in that I was able to have lunch and dinner in the public cafeteria without the aid of lorazepam or any other coping method (sunglasses, iPod to drown out sounds),  and after dinner and a bit of alone time in my room I went to a public area to read some of the literature and do some homework. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10